Hello Readers & Fellow Writers!
We made it to the other side, 2018 is here. I have SO MUCH planned, changes are coming, new releases galore, events, and so much more. Part of the incoming changes include some freebies, newsletter devotion increased, volume sets, unique Battle Goddess Production edition of public domain books, the next segment in Cedric Series, finalizing Tattooed Angels Trilogy, the next Demonic Anthology, and the list can go on forever at this rate. All planned for THIS YEAR!
Look out for the header – EMAIL EXCLUSIVE – so you know what is special content and news for my email subscribers!
OCLS Writers Conference 2018
Mark your calendar for this awesome event happening in Orlando, Florida. On Jan 27th, the downtown Orlando library location will be hosting their annual Writer’s Conference. Workshops of all kinds will be there, including one on ‘Worldbuilding’ co-hosted with L. E. Perez and myself. Got to the link to see the full schedule which includes a great number of topics being covered by authors and agents. There is also a chance for Free Headshots! Orange County Library System has been an active advocate to the writer community. If you are not in Central Florida, this is a good chance to check out your own local library systems and even pitch for a similar event to take place.
Also, if you are looking for a chance to meet me, or get a signed copy of a book, I’ll be doing just that at 4 pm during the end of the event. Get more news about OCLS writer related events by signing up for their WRITER’S CORNER Newsletter. Oh! And be sure to register! Non-card holders now can RSVP to events thanks to a recent update to the calendar system. FREE EVENT.
21 Mythological Figures of Winter
There is no right or wrong way to do this. Some of us write Fantasy and Science Fiction that has a higher strain on building our worlds than those who write Contemporary Romance. Regardless, we are all developing the world our characters, plot, and readers will be interacting and living in for a short time. Don’t be afraid to be inspired by the existing world. Even Tolkien used existing world cultures to design his languages and fantasy world races. Some truth or familiarity can make it a little easier for a reader to connect or understand what it is you are sharing with them without having to do long-winded info-dumps.
Check out how I break down my Worldbuilding on my Blog here:
EMAIL EXCLUSIVE: Free Book Opportunity
Send them to my website to sign up: www.WillisAuthor.com
If you missed my posts on social media sites or not noticed the eye-catching cover on my website’s home page, know that I am making a coffee table worthy version of “Bulfinch’s Mythology” for myself and anyone in need of a pretty version. This is a public domain remake, with over 100 illustrations added, formatted to the nines, added some alternative names, corrected some minor issues here and there, and anything else that could hinder the reading experience. You will be able to grab a copy of this in Paperback with a Black and White interior to save costs, a color edition only available on Amazon or in-person events, and a Kindle version that will have the art included. I am still looking for a few proofers to help look over this piece, so be sure to email me and let me know you would like to volunteer. The feedback needs to be given by the end of Jan, beginning of Feb. Currently looking into Hardcover options as well!
Stay tuned for my posts on the paperback proof copies coming this week. Super excited to see this in person and take a more critical look at how I did formatting this amazing mythology and legend collection. Bulfinch’s covers a lof of Greek, Roman, Nordic, Celtic, Arthurian and other stories and even pulls from poets and writers. Great stuff, and a must-have in anyone’s collection.
Volunteer Proofers please email me, I have limited space left: firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshops, Panels, & Classes with Me
- Jan 27th – “OCLS Writers Conference” The event as mentioned above! I’ll be hosting one of the workshops here about Worldbuilding.
- Feb TBA – I got the honor to sit and talk to Author Learning Center. I should me seeing the videos on YouTube in February! You can Subscribe ahead of time here: https://www.youtube.com/user/AuthorLearningCenter
- June 7-10 – “Overstuffed Bookcase Con” This is a very intimate, multiple day event where you dine and spend time with authors. Cost of this convention does include meals. Discover more about it here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/overstuffed-bookcase-orlando-tickets-37956547054
- August – “Indie Bookfest 2018” A multiday event at a great price. Meet Indie Authors such as myself. Dinner, parties, FanFare, Workshops, Panels, and Book Signing are just a few of the highlights from this very fun event. Tickets are already on sale here: http://indiebookconvention.com/
- More in the making!
EVENTS TO CHECK OUT – From Open Mics & more!
- Be sure to follow these Facebook & Meetup groups to stay in the loop:
Happy Reading & Best regards,
- Death – Coming in 2018
- Cedric the Demonic Knight
- Romasanta: Father of Werewolves
- The Oracle
- Eye of Gaea – Coming in 2018
- King Incubus – Coming Soon 2018-2019
- ON GOING SERIES!
- A World of Their Own
- Demonic Wildlife: A Fantastically Funny Adventure
- The Hunted – Thrill of the Hunt 3
- Work of Hearts Magazine Release – Jan 2018
- Demonic Household: See Owner’s Manual – Coming August 2018
- Thrill of the Hunt 4 – Coming August 2018
- Bulfinch’s Mythology with Illustrations – Coming Soon Spring 2018
- Book of Were-wolves – Coming 2018-2019
- The Fairy Faith of Celtic Countries – Coming TBA