- 1.5 pound ground beef
- 1/2 ~Fist Sized Sweet Onion
- 2 Tbsp of Minced Garlic in Water (Usually found in Produce section in jars)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice (Minute rice works fine – 1 bag)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large skillet, the kind with the tall edge is recommended, cook the beef, chopped onion and garlic over medium heat or high heat (Depends on your speed) until the meat is no longer pink. Now drain to the best of your abilities.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, chilies, rice, water and seasonings. I love the colors to this combination. It makes you feel so good to make it!
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. I would check it close to the 18 minute mark. Stir frequently.
- Its Ready to eat! I usually serve some in bowls with a choice of toppings such as Shredded Sharp Cheddar, Salsa (Publix Medium Salsa Rocks on this!), & Sour Cream. Justin also likes eating this wrapped in a tortilla Burrito style with plain white rice, lettuce, cheese, sour cream and salsa.
- VERY Filling! Reheats awesome! Serves 6 or more!